Mi Goreng Siam - spicy and delicious local Malaysian fried noodles

 One of my favorite fried noodles of all time. I remember when I was young, I would eat this sometimes in the school canteen. Spicy noodles fired up with chili paste and a squeeze of lime on top. With strips of fried egg. Every time I eat this, it brings back fond memories of my younger days.


Below: 1 minute summary video



Ingredients
2 eggs (1 to boil, 1 to make fried egg strips)
1/2 pack of yellow noodles
3 Tbs ground chilly paste + 1 Tbs sugar + 1 tsp salt
1 onion sliced
1/2 white tofu sliced
Some sliced fish cake (optional)
1 handful of bean sprouts
Some green chives

For garnishing
1/2 white tofu fried
1 green/red chilly sliced
1 or 2 calamansi lime
Fried egg strips from above

Method:
1. Hard boil 1 egg
2. Fry the other egg into a thin omelet and slice thinly.
3. Heat 2-3 Tbs oil and fry the chilly paste with sugar and salt
4. Add slice onions, fry
5. Add white tofu and fish cake, fry
6. Add yellow noodles, fry
7. Add all vegetable, fry
8. Decorate with garnishing and add egg halves on top.
9. Squeeze lime on noodles before eating


Below: Full instructional video







Comments